I thought I would start the hike today, however... It is a holiday and I need to wait until tomorrow when the post office opens to mail myself supplies. (Forgot about that whole post-office-closed-on-national-holiday bit.) Fortunately, my unexpected extra time in Killington, Vermont, has resulted in (1) discovering a roadside trail that actually *gasp* crossed with the AT, including the famous white blaze and blue blaze markings, (2) finding a restaraunt/bar/laundry/internet cafe, enabling me to have 100% clean clothes before starting the trail, and (3) being invited to a fireworks display tonight with some Killington locals.
Have I mentioned that Vermont is gorgeous?
Happy July 4th!
2 comments:
Yes!!! SO glad to hear you made it. I assume you hit the trail tomorrow. I hope you have a great time, come lots of ground and see things that make you forget to breath. I love you!
Looks fantastic there! Glad you are on your way. It's pretty hot here (upper 80s) which seems so silly to say after coming from Texas.
Post a Comment