Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Start Date: July 1

Okay, in truth, I should be leaving Chicago on July 1, so Day 1 on the AT will be a later date. Stopping by Niagara Falls and a few other sites along the way would be pretty cool, so I don't have an exact trail start date yet. Starting location is still near Rutland, Vermont, depending on parking availability.
Parking options on the AT near Rutland, Vermont
Ending location and date depends on several factors: whether I do a loop or straight shot, resources, weather (e.g. bugs and rain), the limitations of my mental and physical capacity to be on the trail unassisted for weeks at a time, and (ahem) funds. More hiking trip updates to come!

Side note: I'm becoming painfully aware of my limited writing skills. Reading my previous blog posts, I don't write nearly as eloquent and witty as I (must surely) speak in real life. If only I had started blogging when blogging was actually cool, I would have been a more seasoned blog writer by now. Oh well.

There are some blogs I occasionally visit. They're better than me at this, so check them out:
  • AT Blog (including a list of AT thru-hikers' blogs on the main page)
Other, non-AT-related blogs that I enjoy from time to time:

What I was listening to while writing this post: "Doin' it Right"